Sr. Design Engineer – Connectors
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: Under general supervision, prepares detailed assembly and component drawings for production and catalogues. Will be responsible for leading and further organizing the Mechanical Design team with new ideas and new technologies, work on cost saving technologies, materials to increase competitiveness in the market together with Costing and project management.
Global General Manager, Commercial Interconnect
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize SolidWorks to produce CAD models of components and assemblies.
- Gather and develop a basic understanding of requirements for suppliers primarily of the automotive industry and industrial applications.
- Work with suppliers of stamping dies, molds, and manual and automated assembly equipment. Communicate daily with suppliers of tooling and components.
- Communicate regularly with customers via reports and phone conversations to provide project status updates.
- Keep target dates and track progress in timing tables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical preferred, and at least 7-10 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting
- Mechanically inclined, with a basic understanding of stamping, molding, and assembly methods. Testing of electronic connectors is a plus
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to speak with suppliers and customers
- Experience within the automotive industry is desired
- Experience using Microsoft Project and Smartsheet is preferred
- Ability to multi-task and handle several projects concurrently