Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: Under the supervision of Corporate Tax management staff, prepares federal, state, and local tax returns and related documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare federal, state and local income and other tax returns and reports, under supervision of senior tax compliance personnel.
- Develop related documentation and filing protocols, under supervision of senior personnel.
- Assist in all aspects of company corporate tax compliance where needed and assigned.
- Assist with providing documentation needed for response to information document requests by IRS and state and local taxing authorities, and as needed in preparation of ASC 740 annual and quarterly income tax provisions.
- Other functions as needed to assist Corporate Tax function.
- BA/BS in Accounting or comparable credentials required. Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
- Preferably 1-2 years’ experience in industry or public accounting in a role relevant to the requirements of the position.
- Solid understanding of taxation concepts.
- Basic to intermediate computer literacy and proficiency in MS Excel. Experience with tax compliance and/or research software preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work individually, as well as effectively contribute in a team environment.
- Positive, professional outlook and pro-active nature.
- Corporate tax return preparation experience preferred.