Technical Sales Manager – RF
Location: West Coast
Job Description: Achieve maximum sales growth and account penetration within an assigned territory/area by effectively selling all AVX RF products (incl. Antennas and ATC groups). Personally develop, plan and execute on new business opportunities together with the Regional Sales Team (incl. Reps) and the product division.
Sr. Director, Global Sales - RF
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as key point of contact for AVX RFS Products.
- Establish, develop, and maintain business relationship with current AVX customers and prospective customer in the assigned territory/area to generate new business for all AVX RFS products.
- Make telephone calls and in-person visits to existing and prospective customers and distributors.
- Coordinate sales efforts with the local commercial AVX sales team. Inform about actions, customer visit plans and executed customer visits.
- Provide, or obtain, technical support to find, develop, track, and close on new designs for all RFS products in all appropriate applications.
- Set, and achieve together with the local commercial AVX Sales team, master plan and forecast on a month-to-month basis for both Direct and POS sales.
- Develop and follow up written proposals/quotations for the current and prospective customers and distributors for all AVX RFS products in liaison with the local commercial AVX sales team.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints for RFS product in liaison with the local commercial AVX sales team.
- Manage the Distributor design-In efforts in liaison with the AVX Distribution Manager and the local commercial AVX sales team.
- Generate and maintain projects in the AVX Project database for the main opportunities in your territory/area in liaison with the local commercial AVX sales team.
- Organize and join AVX customer visits to current AVX customers and prospective customers in partnership with the commercial AVX Sales Team, Division business development engineers, technical marketing support, product managers and AVX management team to maximize product promotion and design-in opportunities.
- Be an active participant in customer negotiations for RFS customers in liaison with product marketing and commercial sales team.
- Track all contract awards based on award quantities compared to actual orders.
- Keep abreast of the general product applications, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and the product divisions.
- Plan and organize personal technical sales strategy by maximizing the return of time investment for the territory/area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar field of study, with a deep knowledge of RF
- Minimum 2 years‘ experience in RF engineering or sales-focused roles
- Extensive business and product knowledge in RF ideally related to the component market
- Strong people skills required and ability to manage by influence
- Experienced in new business opportunity identification and development process at a customer and application level
- Mentoring skill required for providing training to regional sales teams and distributors
- Strong verbal/written communications and interpersonal skills for communication, and building relationships, extensive internal and external contacts
- Analytical skills for assessing strengths and weaknesses of RF sales programs and related results
- Strong teamwork, business acumen and operational excellence
- Good knowledge of all relevant IT / windows office applications