RF/Antenna Engineer I
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Description: As an RF/Antenna Engineer, you will design and develop prototypes and verification tests for electrical components used in the reception and transmission of RF (Radio Frequency) signals. As well as work closely with customers in applying electrical engineering principals to develop new antenna designs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will assume the responsibility for designing the antennas/RF blocks for complex handheld devices.
- Must work with limited supervision and will be involved in and have input to project planning.
- Will lead the respective antenna design, the engineer is responsible for specification, design and documentation for manufacturing of different antenna and RF solutions for implementation in a mobile device.
- Handles coordination of antenna design in specific projects and will have knowledge and clear understanding of theoretical and practical aspects.
- Must follow and develop the process and expand technical leadership in RF/antenna systems.
- Proficient in clearly communicating directions and in influencing people in adopting the best solutions, tools, working practices and promote cooperation in defining an excellent technical product.
- Display drive to analyze the design tools and improve their use for highest efficiency and best design results.
- Must have a BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering.
- 1 to 3 years of direct work experience desired.
- Experience in RF and/or antenna design.
- Must be experienced user of related tools and test equipment.
- Knowledge of telecommunication devices and aspects (RF, EMC, ESD protection, high-speed interconnect; RF and high density layout)
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes
- Self-motivated, with a desire to learn new design concepts and skills, eager to take technical leadership roles, a team player, with passion for own work.