Features & Benefits
- Bi-Directional protection
- EMI/RFI attenuation in off-state
- Multi-strike capability
- Sub 1nS response to ESD strike
- High energy / High current
- Glass Encapsulated
- Professional / Industrial / Commercial Applications
- IC Protection, DC motor protection
- Relays, Controllers, Sensors
- Smart Grids
- Various Applications where Glass Encapsulation is needed for Harsh Environment / Acid-Resistance
The Glass Encapsulated TransGuard® multilayer varistors are zinc oxide (ZnO) based ceramic semiconductor devices with non-linear, bi-directional V-I characteristics. They have the advantage of offering bi-directional overvoltage protection as well as EMI/RFI attenuation in a single SMT package. These large case size parts extend TransGuard® range into high energy applications. In addition the glass encapsulation provides enhanced resistance against harsh environment or process such as acidic environment, salts or chlorite flux.
Available in case sizes from 1210 to 3220, working voltage from 16 to 100Vdc, energy rating up to 12J and peak current rating up to 2000A. Operating temperature range is -55°C to +125°C with no derating. Parts offer excellent lead free solderability thanks to Ni Barrier/100% Sn termination.