Features & Benefits
- Operating Temp Range: -55°C to +125/150°C
- Qualified Case Sizes: 0805, 1206, & 1210
- Flexible Termination Guaranteed to Withstand 5mm Bend Test
- Increased Temp Cycling Performance ≥ 3000 Cycles
- Reduction in Circuit Board Flex Failures
- AEC-Q200 Qualified
- Approved to VW 80808 Specification
- Pass VW 80808 Failsafe Requirements
- Non-connected electrical system terminals
- Connected electrical system terminals
- Voltage supply terminals (30, 15 etc.), potentials derived from them or connected potentials
With increased requirements from the automotive industry for additional component robustness, KYOCERA AVX recognized the need to product a MLV with enhanced mechanical strength. It was noted that many components may be subject to severe flexing and vibration when used under the hood automotive and other harsh environment applications.
To satisfy the requirement for enhanced mechanical strength, KYOCERA AVX had to find a way of ensuring electrical integrity is maintained whilst external forces are being applied to the component. It was found that the structure of the termination needed to be flexible and after much research and development, KYOCERA AVX launched FLEXITERM®, multilayer varistor. The industry standard for flexure is 2mm minimum. Using FLEXITERM®, KYOCERA AVX provides up to 5mm of flexure without internal cracking.
As well as for automotive applications, FLEXITERM® will product Design Engineers with a satisfactory solution when designing PCB’s which may be subject to high levels of board flexure.