Features & Benefits
- Operating Temp Range: -55°C to +125/150°C
- Qualified Case Sizes: 0603, 0805, 1206, & 1210
- High Mechanical Performance Guaranteed to Withstand 5mm Bend Test
- Increased Temp Cycling Performance ≥ 3000 Cycles
- Flexible Termination System
- Reduction in Circuit Board Flex Failures
- AEC-Q200 Qualified or Commercial Grade Products Available
- High Flexure Stress
- Variable Temperature Applications
With increased requirements from the automotive industry for additional component robustness, KYOCERA AVX recognized the need to produce a MLV with enhanced mechanical strength. It was noted that many components may be subject to severe flexing and vibration when used in various under the hood automotive and other harsh environment applications.
To satisfy the requirement for enhanced mechanical strength, KYOCERA AVX had to find a way of ensuring electrical integrity is maintained whilst external forces are being applied to the component. It was found that the structure of the termination needed to be flexible and after much research and development, KYOCERA AVX launched FLEXITERM®. FLEXITERM® is designed to enhance the mechanical flexure and temperature cycling performance of a standard multilayer varistor. The industry standard for flexure is 2mm minimum. Using FLEXITERM®, KYOCERA AVX provides up to 5mm of flexure without internal cracks.
As well as for automotive applications FLEXITERM® will provide Design Engineers with a satisfactory solution when designing PCB’s which may be subject to high levels of board flexure