Features & Benefits
- Single piece connector – no mating half connector required to connect two boards together which means:
- Improved performances in one single twisted pair wires (vs RJ45 4-pairs)
- Smaller form factor
- Simplified networks, eliminates gateways
- New industry standard according to IEC 63171-6
- Operating temperature up to 85 °C (Target 125 °C)
- Sensor & Actuator Networks
- Control & Monitoring Cameras
- Smart Grid
- Traffic Control
- Transportation Smart Monitoring
In addition to space and weight savings with less wire, SPE transmits 1 GBit/s only up to a distance of 40 meters. KYOCERA AVX is a part of the SPE Industrial Partner Network and will offer SPE products to meet the customer and market needs while meeting the standards according to IEC 63171-6 and IEEE 802.3 etc.
New Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) Connectors is bringing numerous benefits to industrial market:
- Simplified Ethernet connection for continuous communication from the control computer to the sensor
- Transmission speeds from 10Mbit/s to 1GBit/s
- Power supply and better reliability of terminal devices through Power over Data Line (PoDL) or hybrid
- Transmission ranges up to 1000 meters
- Simplified connectors and cabling saves space and weight
- Time savings when setting up, maintaining and operating industrial networks
- Replacement of analog interfaces, bus systems and other proprietary field level systems
- Reduced complexity of automation networks
Technical Articles / White Papers – Click to Download
Answer: KYOCERA AVX connectors can accommodate industrial data cable from 18 to 28AWG.
Question: Is there an IPx7 option available?
Answer: Coming next are M8 Hybrid and M12 SPE Connectors, which are rated IP65/67
Question: Can KYOCERA AVX offer custom solutions?
Answer: KYOCERA AVX offers customizable and flexible solutions for your specific application(s).